Mother’s Day will be here before you know it, and one of the best ways to show mom how much she means to you is to make a wonderful meal for her on her special day. It’s a touching gesture that will likely mean far more to her than a material item.
Moms will love these memorable and delightful Mother’s Day recipes that are full of delicious whole ingredients and gluten-free! Continue to take care of her dietary needs by presenting her with some wholesome gluten-free supplements from Sundown Naturals®, like Women’s Multivitamin Gummies, Hair, Skin & Nails, Biotin, and Folic Acid. All Sundown Naturals® supplements are 100% Non-GMO^ and free of gluten, dairy and artificial flavors◊!
Mother’s Day Breakfast: Make-Ahead French Toast
This simple French Toast casserole can be prepared in 10 minutes the night before, and stored in the fridge until morning. It’s a gluten-free crowd pleaser that will give mom a great start to her day!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 loaf Ezekiel Bread, torn into 1” or 2” pieces
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Optional: Strawberries, maple syrup and powdered sugar for topping
- In a small bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar together until combined. Pour on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange pieces of bread in the baking dish, forming a layer that completely covers the bottom of the dish. Overlap the pieces, if necessary.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a bowl. Once combined, pour the mixture evenly over the bread.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- When you are ready to bake the French toast, take the dish out of the fridge. Let it stand for at least 10 minutes at room temperature before putting it into the oven. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove French toast from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Serve with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired, and enjoy!
Mother’s Day Brunch: Spinach & Mushroom Cheesy Egg Bake
This egg-based casserole is gluten-free, packed with hearty veggies and infused with melted cheese, making it the perfect choice for breakfast or brunch. You’ll love how easy it is to make, and Mom will love getting in some nutrition-packed eggs and veggies on her special day, to fuel her for the festivities ahead!
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350* F. Use 1 tablespoon butter to grease a 13" X 9" baking dish.
- Heat the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet, and sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic for 3-4 of minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the spinach a handful at a time to the skillet, and sauté. Once you’ve added all the spinach, cover the skillet to let the spinach wilt for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool. Drain any excess liquid.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper together. Once combined, fold in the cooked spinach and mushroom mixture. Mix well, and pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is done.
- Top with scallions, serve, and enjoy!
Mother’s Day Dinner: Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken & Rice
What’s full of flavor, easy as anything, and always a winner for dinner? Our Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken & Rice! It’s gluten-free and deliciously tender. Plus, if you have any leftovers, you can make an amazing sandwich!
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, gluten-free
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp cornstarch*
- 1-2 Tbsp water*
- Optional: Sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts in your crockpot, and sprinkle with the black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and 15 minutes; or on low for 3-4 hours. The chicken is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and, using 2 forks, shred it. The chicken should pull apart easily. Once shredded, set aside.
- Pour the sauce from the crockpot into a saucepan, and heat until boiling.
- In the meantime, use a small bowl to combine the water and cornstarch.*
- When the sauce begins to boil, whisk in the cornstarch until it thickens.
- Add the chicken and sauce back to the crockpot, and toss until fully combined.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve over rice and vegetables, and enjoy!
*A ratio of 1 tablespoon of water and to 1 tablespoon of cornstarch will yield a thinner sauce; a ratio of 2:2 will result in a thicker sauce.These delicious Mother’s Day recipes, plus the best supplements for women from the Sundown Naturals® gluten-free product line, will keep Mom feeling loved and appreciated long after her special day is over. Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!