Shopping, baking, wrapping, decorating…amidst the hustle and bustle of this festive time of year, many of us are also packing our suitcases and booking flights. Planning a trip over state lines or across the country for the holidays is a seasonal reality for many people with faraway friends and family.
In honor of all the travelers, we’d like to share our five favorite traveling tips for feeling great while you’re in the air or on the road:
1. Stay hydrated. This is especially important when you’re flying, and during the actual holiday celebration – especially if you’re indulging in rich foods and alcohol. Drinking enough water every day is the foundation for feeling great and enjoying your trip. Bring a reusable water bottle to remind yourself to keep guzzling those fluids.
2. Eat nutritiously. The longer your trip, the more you'll feel the effects of an inadequate diet. Packing your own snacks before you hit the road can be a tremendous help. There’s no need to deprive yourself of your favorite holiday treats, but don’t forget to grab some protein, fruit, and a salad when you can, too.
3. Keep clean. Considering all the things you may come into contact with at the airport or a busy rest stop, remember to wash your hands often with warm, soapy water. It’s also a good idea to avoid touching your face. Toss a hand sanitizer into your bag for when you won’t have access to soap and water.
4. Take your vitamins. You’ll want all the nutritional support you can get during the busy holiday season. Sundown Naturals® gummies are a fun and easy way to do this. Vitamin C helps support your immune system; B12 helps your body to convert food into energy; and our Probiotic Gummies support healthy digestion.*
5. Catch enough zzz’s. This one is crucial for staying ahead of the holiday craziness. Getting an adequate amount of rest every night will help you stay your healthy best, so you can ring in the holidays with vitality.