Lemon-Garlic Salmon & Asparagus Spears
• (6) 6-oz. salmon fillets, skin removed
• 4 bunches of asparagus, woody ends removed
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 2 tbsp garlic, minced
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 tsp Kosher salt, or sea salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 lemon, sliced
• Large baking sheet
• Aluminum foil
1. Before turning your oven on, move the oven shelf so it rests approximately 8 inches from the broiler. Once the shelf is in place, turn the broiler on high heat.
2. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray it with cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Rub the seasoning mixture on each salmon fillet, evenly coating them.
4. Place the salmon fillets on the aluminum-lined baking sheet, and drizzle them with the lemon juice.
5. Arrange the asparagus around the salmon in a single layer, and place the lemon slices over the top of both the asparagus stalks and the salmon fillets.
6. Broil for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
7. Serve with brown rice, roasted potatoes, or your grain of choice.