It’s always easy to declare a New Year’s resolution when December 31 rolls around. It’s not as easy, though, to change your ways and actually try hot yoga, or whatever it is that you’ve resolved to do. But having a happy new year goes hand-in-hand with having a healthy new year. Here are 4 New Year’s health resolutions that will make you feel so great, you’ll actually stick to them!
- Get better sleep by making one small change…
Real life can often get in the way of 8 nightly hours of beauty rest. A reliable way to consistently log enough z’s, though, is by instating a “no screens” policy after 9 pm, for example. Giving everyone time to relax and unwind without the visual stimulation of devices can help set the scene for a good night’s sleep for the whole family.
- Eat right, together
Resolve to eat a healthy breakfast together every day, and do your best to make sit-down family dinners the norm. Eating together as a family can prove invaluable to your emotional health, so whether it’s breakfast at 7:30, or dinner around 6, carve out some family mealtime and fill your meals with yummy proteins and fresh vegetables, or try out one of those healthy new year’s recipes you’ve been looking at. Need motivation to eat healthy? Your kids will likely learn from and maybe even appreciate your healthy example.
- Add vitamins & supplements to your diet
Even the healthiest diets can lack essential nutrients. Try adding a vitamin or two to your routine to help fill in any nutritional gaps. Sundown® Naturals has something for every member of the family:
- Kids Non-GMO Complete Multivitamin Gummies – delicious, grape, orange and cherry-flavored gummy vitamins that supply kids with essential nutrients for healthy growth and development.*
- Adult Multivitamin Gummies – kids aren’t the only ones who can enjoy yummy gummy vitamins…these great-tasting adult gummies provide 10 essential vitamins, plus zinc for added immune support.*
- Vitamin D3 Gummies – a tasty way to get your Vitamin D for the day…these gummies support strong bones, a healthy immune system, and more!*
- B Complex Tablets – one per day provides you with B vitamins to support energy metabolism, and contribute to overall well-being.*
- Try a new activity
Health and fitness experts agree – regular exercise is a crucial part of a healthy lifestyle. Some healthy motivation to get moving may include hitting up a local park or walking trail for a hike. That way you can take in the scenery nature has to offer, while keeping your body moving this winter. Better yet, make it a family outing and enjoy the sights together!
Finding the motivation to be healthy can be tough. Just remember to take everything one step at a time, one day at a time! You’ll enjoy the way even one of these small changes makes you feel. Here’s to good health and happiness in the new year, and beyond!